Stressed out? Watch out!
Bad habits can form when you start turning to high-fat comfort foods when you’re under a lot of stress, snacking when you are bored, and stopping by a fast-food place when you’re running low on time. Not to mention the much more frequent headaches and fighting when you’re low on sleep. There are better, more fun, and much healthier ways to relieve stress and boredom.
- Go on a walk with a friend
- Try doing some relaxation breathing techniques
- Try yoga or other workout programs
- Take a short, 20-minute power nap
- Listen to music that helps you relieve your emotions
- Write in a journal or diary
- Have a long talk with someone close to you
- Go for a swim, a jog, or a bike ride
- Retreat to nature and take a hike
- Get a group of friends together and play a sport like soccer, basketball, or volleyball
- Take a hot shower or bath
- Read a book for leisure
Whatever your activity is, it will help you get that much-needed peace of mind that will help you stay healthy and relaxed.